We uphold these core beliefs as essential to Christianity. These beliefs relate to God the Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Bible, humanity, salvation, and the end of time. For a more detailed outline of what we believe, see our Statement of Faith.
- We believe in the one, holy, sovereign, creating and redeeming God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Scriptures, Old and New Testaments divinely and fully inspired by God. The inerrancy of the original manuscripts and the entire trustworthiness of the Bible; its infallible teaching and supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice; and its normative value for all peoples, at all times, in all cultures.
- We believe the creation of man by the direct act of God and the fall of man and his consequent moral depravity as revealed in the Genesis account.
- We believe in Jesus Christ our Lord, the incarnate Son of God, Himself very God and the only Savior. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary and sacrificial death on the cross as the atonement for man’s sin; His bodily resurrection from the tomb and His ascension into Heaven to sit at the Father’s right hand. When Christ died on the cross and rose again He totally defeated Satan and all evil powers. His victory will be made fully visible at His second coming.
- We believe in the justification of sinners by God’s grace, through faith in Christ alone, apart from personal works of merit. This reconciliation to God removes believers from the condemnation of the law of Moses and places them under the sanctifying realm of God’s grace. Although true believers experience God’s chastisement (child training) in this life and His evaluation at the judgment seat of Christ in the next, they will not lose their salvation.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit and in His convicting, regenerating, sanctifying and reviving work. He guides and empowers individuals and churches in their service to God and man. Through reckoning their identification with Christ in His death, burial, resurrection, and ascension, believers are equipped to live a practical, separated Christian walk, in an overcoming, victorious life. As they abide in Christ through personal surrender to God’s will and dependence on His Spirit, they express Christ’s life.
- We believe the Church, consisting of all believers who together form the one, holy, and universal Body and Bride of Christ, represented in local congregations. Christ’s people are called to be a worshiping, praying, caring fellowship committed to world-wide evangelism and discipleship.
- We believe in the imminent and visible personal return of Jesus Christ in power and great glory to judge both the living and the dead.
- We believe in the final judgment of those who have rejected Jesus Christ and Satan’s doom with those who have rejected Jesus Christ in the agonizing fact of eternal separation from God. We believe for those who have received Christ, a joyful and eternal life in the presence of God.